Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Adventure Begins


The Adventure Begins
Well, we finally hit the road together last night. We drove a couple hours to Plover, WI, where we picked up a preloaded trailer, spent the night there, and woke up this morning ready to head to Syracuse, New York. For some reason I was inordinately sleepy today, plus I had a migraine, so after only a couple of hours of driving, I couldn’t keep my eyes open and had to crawl in the back & sleep. Then we stopped for fuel, so I hopped out, made pee pee, washed my face & brushed my teeth, then TRIED to sit up front but was still too sleepy. So I slept through Chicago and woke up when we stopped at the Knute Rockne travel plaza in Indiana. We stopped there so that Mr. Trucker could take a two hour nap, so being the loving wife I am, I napped with him. Now we’re driving some more and I’m wide awake (thank goodness). We’ll drive a total of around 550 miles today. Mr. Trucker tells me that tomorrow will be a little more leisurely. Perhaps I’ll get some pictures then. 
One of the things that’s neat about trucking is this: People ask me all the time “where are you going next?” and the answer is always “we don’t know”. All we ever know is where we’re going with our current load. Right now we’re on our way to Syracuse, NY. Once we’ve delivered this load, that’s when we’ll get our next dispatch and it could be to anywhere...Mr. Trucker just gave the ol’ slug for a red Volkswagen. That’s one of our road games.
One of our other road games, and one that I’ll be sharing with you is: weird town names. We’re passing through Mishawaka, IN. That’s one that never fails to amuse me, although not as much as Shipshewana, IN, which is a tourist trap with a big indoor flea market and Amish places.


Odd Bod, the pictures are for you!

2 comments:

  1. Guelph, Ontario. Gotta love Guelph.

    -Mims

    ReplyDelete
  2. Odd Bod loves the pics...... thanks!

    ReplyDelete